Frequently Asked Questions

What is a Public Adjuster?

A Public Adjuster is an insurance claims adjuster who advocates for the policy holder in appraising and negotiating an insurance claim. A Public Adjuster is the only type of claims adjuster that can legally represent the rights of an insured during an insurance claim process.

How much will my public adjuster charge for their services?

Property Damage Consultants charges a small percentage of the settlement for the services provided to you. We are not paid until you are paid. There are no upfront fees for our services.

How do I know if I need your services?

A consultation is free and without obligation. Please feel free to call us and set-up an appointment to discuss your claim.

Should I feel guilty about filing a claim?

No, not at all. You pay the insurance company to cover the loss of your property. That’s why you have insurance coverage. Your insurance company certainly doesn’t feel guilty when they receive your payments. Don’t feel guilty and don’t be intimidated.

My insurance company sent me a check, but it doesn’t cover all of the damages. Is there anything you can do?

Property Damage Consultants will inspect your damage and if necessary, can file a supplemental claim to recover the full amount that you’re entitled to, which is the maximum amount allowed in your policy.

Does my public adjuster need to be with me when my insurance company inspects the damage?

Yes. It’s important that you have a public adjuster by your side when the insurance company’s adjuster is inspecting the damage. Your public adjuster will know whether the insurance adjuster is following the correct procedures.

Can my insurance company drop me or raise my rates if I hire a public adjuster?

Absolutely not. You have every right under the law to hire a public adjuster and NOT be penalized for it.


  • Please provide as much detail as necessary to explain the cause of loss or damage to your home.