Have you filed a property damage claim recently, thought everything was in order, but the insurance company denied your Home Damage claim?
4 steps you can take if your Home Damage Claim is denied:
- Make sure you have all your receipts for all work that was completed.
- Keep all the correspondence that you received from the insurance company regarding the claim.
- Keep a record/log of all the phone calls that you had with the insurance company.
- Take pictures of everything! Pictures of all of the damaged property and items will help when reopening the claim.
A Denied Home Damage Claim can occur for a few reasons:
- You might have made a misrepresentation on the application for insurance.
- You may have failed to comply with a policy condition.
- The insurance company may allege fraud.
- Lastly homeowner’s policies have what are called exclusions. Exclusions are policy provisions that eliminate coverage for some type of risk, such as earthquakes, floods and even neglect.
The good thing is you don’t have to accept the denial. There could be a simple fix to getting your claim paid as there may be a clerical error or something was over looked.
Think you need help?
Contact us, and we’d be happy to help with your denier property damage claim!
Our property adjuster will take all the information that you have provided to us and we will be your voice to the insurance company.
Many times, hiring a home damage adjuster can cause your claim to be reopened and get you paid substantially for the damages. Don’t give up after the first denial. It can be something very small that kept your claim from being paid, but Property Damage Consultants will do our best to get you what you are entitled to.
Call us today: 866-341-7089, 1-888-694-8303